UU Friends of Refugees
Concord UU has a deep commitment to welcoming and supporting New Americans who have come to this country as refugees. UU Friends of Refugees has been actively supporting New American families and helping them establish new lives since 2008, through Circles of Support that bring together a group of church members and a new family. To date, 7 Circles have been formed and have continued as long as the family needed support, often developing into lasting friendships. The families, from Burundi, Iraq, Bhutan, and Congo have enriched the lives of our church in ways we never imagined.
UU Friends of Refugees is here to:
- Provide support for selected New American families in the Concord area
- Provide opportunities for UUs to become actively engaged with Concord’s New American community.
- Recruit volunteers. Organize programs.
- Advocate for the New American communities in the church and in the region.
- Educate Concord UUs about important social services available to poor people.
Information for volunteers working with newly arrived refugees in Concord, NH