Room Use for Denominational & Interfaith Events and Community Partners
Denominational and Interfaith Events
The UU Church of Concord is happy to be able to provide space for the UUA, New England Region of the UUA, UU Action NH, NH Immigrant Solidarity Network, or Greater Concord Interfaith Council.
- Free use for a total of up to four large events per church year.
- Small and medium meetings such as ministers’ cluster meetings will be hosted without limit.
- Rental fees will not be charged, but custodial fees & A/V technician fees may be charged if the work is outside of the Custodian or Director of Facilities & Technology’s job description or normal work hours.
- A free will donation will be taken for the UU Church of Concord. This may consist of passing a basket, or having a donation box in a prominent place. The group may choose to pay a 50% discounted rental fee if they do not wish to take a free will donation.
Concord UU members are often involved in non-church organizations or projects that have missions that reflect one or more church Ends statements. If you are a church member or pledging friend looking for space for your group that is in alignment with our Ends statements, you may apply to use the church building for free or a reduced rate. Community Partners are also encouraged to use our church newsletters to publicize their events. For more information about Community Partners, please click here.
- To be considered as a Community Partner please fill out our Free-Reduced Building Use Request Form.
- In the interest of protecting our lovely building as a community resource for all, a Concord UU member or pledging friend must remain the primary contact between the church office and the group. Please ensure you have a member or pledging friend as the liaison before you apply to be a Community Partner.
- If the application to be a Community Partner is accepted, the organization will be permitted to use our space for:
- small to medium non-fundraising events with no rental fees. A free will donation for the UU Church of Concord will be taken at all non-fundraising Community Partner events. This may consist of passing a basket, or having a donation box in a prominent place.
- fundraising events of any size at a rate to be negotiated between office staff and the church member who represents the Community Partner. The recommended guideline is 50% of the net income, or the usual rental rate, whichever is less.
- large events at the usual rental rate
- The Community Partner may use church newsletters to publicize its events held at the church.
- The number of Community Partners, or events per Partner, may be limited if not enough resources are available to meet demand.
- An organization that does not adhere to the spirit of the Seven Principles will not qualify as a Community Partner.
- If you do not have any UU members or pledging friends please see our rentals page.
Extra Services Fees
Custodial, Facility Manager, and AV Technicians fees may be required for any type of event that causes work outside of the staff’s normal duties. see Building Use & Event Fees link for rates.
- accessible for people with limited mobility
- onsite parking (limited on weekdays)
- plenty of tables & chairs
- a variety of large and small spaces for different types of events
- audio system, projectors, handheld mics
- live streaming from Sanctuary
- custodial cleaning of restrooms
- set-up assistance available for large events
- AV Technician for hire
- full kitchen with dishes/silverware and use of dishwasher after instruction
- nursery for large events (for ages 4 and under only, with appropriate supervision; it is not a child play space.)
Please contact email@example.com or 603-224-0291 x1# if you are ready to reserve space or if you have any questions.