Where is that line between strength and aggression, play and abuse, defense and assault? Where in our lives do we wrestle with our own impulses to become violent – physically, emotionally, mentally? What to do when we know we’ve crossed the line? How to respond when others feel we have crossed the line? How do we own our violence – good and bad? Got a story to share about struggles with your own impulse for violence? Please let Michael know.
Resources mentioned during the service:
- Own Our History. Change the Story. by Brene Brown
- Florida Pardons the Groveland Four, 70 Years After Jim Crow-Era Rape Case (NY Times) by Jacey Fortin
- Wie die US-Serie “Holocaust” Deutschland veraenderte (in German) ntv.de
- Behave: The Biology of Humans at Our Best and Worst by Robert Sapolsky
- TEDTalk: The Biology of Our Best and Worst Selves by Robert Sapolsky